NZEA New Zealand Event Awards Categories
Entries for the 2019-20 programme are now closed. Entries for the 2020-21 programme will open in late 2020.
The 2019-20 Awards introduced eight new categories to reflect the evolving and diverse nature of our industry.
Click on each category to view the 2019 assessment criteria.
- Best Emerging Event Professional 2019 - Sponsored by NZICC
- Best Established Event Professional 2019 - Sponsored by NZICC
- Best Event Sponsorship Professional 2019 - Sponsored by ATEED
- Best Arts or Cultural Event 2019 - Sponsored by Fresh Info
- Best Community Event 2019 - Sponsored by Sidekicker
- Best Corporate Event 2019
- Best Event Sponsorship 2019
- Best International Event 2019 - Sponsored by Eventfinda
- Best Local Government Event 2019 - Sponsored by Eventfinda
- Best Music or Entertainment Event 2019 (NEW for 2019) - Sponsored by ATEED
- Best Not-for-Profit or Cause-related event 2019
- Best Regional or National Event 2019- Sponsored by Eventfinda
- Best Sports Event 2019- Sponsored by Fresh Info
- Best Design & Build 2019 (NEW for 2019)
- Best Event Marketing 2019 (NEW for 2019)
- Best Food Experience 2019 (NEW for 2019) - Sponsored by ATEED
- Best Supplier 2019 - Sponsored by NZICC
- Best Venue 2019 - Sponsored by Sidekicker
- Outstanding Contribution to the Industry 2019 - by nomination only (NEW for 2019)
- New Zealand's Favourite Event 2019 (by public vote) - Sponsored by Fresh Info
- Selected by our panel of judges from the winners of the Recognition, Excellence, Support and Achievement categories (NEW for 2019)
All events or exhibitions entered for the 2019-20 NZEA New Zealand Event Awards must have taken place (either started or concluded) between 1 August 2018 and 1 September 2019 inclusive (13 months).